BOC 5.32% 49.5¢ bougainville copper limited

jsb meeting

1. 405 Posts.
    We will definately have to wait for the JSB meeting and the draw down of powers.
    I am wondering how O'Neill brokered the Somare deal. You have to love PNG politics.
    Does anyone on here think that O'neill has offered to turn a blind eye to Somare's past for his support?
    I mean that was why Somare was clinging on to power.. he did not want anything exposed like his white anting of the BOC mine reopening at Panguna whilst trying to pretend he wanted it.
    Wikileaks even leaked a document questioning Somare's motives as to why he would be supportive of landowners suing BOC and RIO when the PNG govt has a huge share holding in the company and therefore would lose out should a claim be successful.
    I find it amusing that he signs the support and then resigns as party leader. Another part of the deal??
    Either way, it seems we can finally move on without Somare in the way, not even as a minister.
    The standing down of him as party leader means he will not undermine O'Neill as He cannot become PM from the position he will hold once GOVT is formed.
    It seems like we are in motion, a lot like it has seemed to be in the past, but this time with O'Neill, Chan and co all ready and more than willing to begin FRUITFUL and TRANSPARENT negotiations with all involved!
    Thoughts people?

P.S Government formed when? and when do you think JSB meeting will be announced?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.