PLA 0.00% 6.7¢ platinum australia limited

jubilee platinum marks mine-to-metals, page-14

1. 9,499 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 655

http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/companies/news/51560/jubilee-platinum-shares-rise-as-it-finalises-tailings-processing-51560.html

shares rose 3.33% in early deals after it struck a processing agreement for the Dilokong tailings from the Dilokong chrome mine in South Africa.

It means the firm can begin operations during the first half of next year - accelerating the processing of the tailings by around 14 months.

Jubilee has also secured funding of £573,750, it said, by drawing on its Standby Equity Distribution Agreement (SEDA), it revealed in the statement.

The processing agreement is with Phokothaba and means the tailings will be processed at Phokothaba's Smokey Hills mine concentrator.

The company's chief executive Leon Coetzer told investors: "The conclusion of these processing agreements has the effect of bringing forward the targeted processing of Dilokong Tailings by some 14 months as well as avoiding an estimated capital expenditure of £8 mln for the construction of a dedicated processing plant for the upgrading of the platinum in the tailings prior to smelting the material.

"The SEDA advance addresses any pressure on funding as we accelerate the project and bring the operation into production within the first half of 2013.

"We are now funded for production of own platinum concentrates in 2013 and can accelerate the development of our next platinum assets in the western limb of the Bushveld Igneous Complex."

Under the SEDA advance, around 7 million shares are being issued at a subscription price of £0.0725 per share, the firm added.

Shares rose 3.33% to stand at 7.75p.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.