Seriously is that your comeback - selective quotes from my post,...

1. 9,098 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17694
    Seriously is that your comeback - selective quotes from my post, but you didn't address the main one: "He is essentially an evangelist masquerading as a politician," or his views that children born to IVF are commodities (agree disagree ???). And how is the 'family unit' going to address aboriginal crime by the way when they are essentially in poverty and by the way I note all the posts here about the Apex gang in Melbourne (note: most come from parents that are married by the way). Some of the worst crimes in Australian history have come from children of married couples. The only unrealistic bigot I see is Bernardi, divorced from reality, as well as many of those right leaning members of the LNP who should join Bernardi like Abetz. I have far more respect for Pauline Hanson than I do Bernardi by the way.

The fact of the matter is the traditional family is largely breaking down in Australia because of cost of living/housing affordability pressures and when society doesn't have the same expectation as in the past around valuing the family unit/marriage these pressures cause the tipping point The majority of divorces I have seen is because of this financial stress, and how it impacts decisions on when to have children and partners don't generally have the same viewpoint. Bernardi offers no solutions, he just says stay married pretty please, but wants to appease his mates the multinationals and talks about family units without understanding or addressing what breaks them apart. And even on this forum it is always about cutting welfare as against making things more affordable - both if not implemented well lead to financial pressures and the breaking down of the family unit Bernardi wants to reinstate.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.