we have a young list and our potential stars are not yet earning...

1. 18,601 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    we have a young list and our potential stars are not yet earning top dollar....therefore they will front load his contract so he gets say $1m in year 1, $900k year 2 etc diminishing over time...at the same time this creates more room for increases in salary for Murphy, Gibbs as they get better etc.

I do agree we have a weak team this year but it is amazing how fast things can turn around, I was already bullish Carlton for next year showing good improvement (say 12th-10th on ladder) and maybe the 8 the year beyond. But if we get Judd into our midfield we are actually very competitive.

If Bryce Gibbs or someone like him walks later, I will be disappointed but I won't turn on him the way some WCE have on Judd....especially if he has delivered us a flag and so much success as Judd has for WCE. Furthermore I don't think he just left WCE for family reasons / money / return to Melbourne. You don't leave successful teams just for those reasons unless you are a total mercenary and I don't think Judd fits that mould.

Anyway time will tell, the great thing about the footy season being over is you can be optimistic about next season, and I am.

PS stump - of course! use it wisely, I don't think I have and it might come back to bite me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.