AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

judgement day, page-267

1. 3gb
    963 Posts.
    "the big question i guess is will heathgate start their defence june 30. the majority here via the metalduster survey say no heathgate defence will be necessary".

I think the likely hood is we will have a trial and wait for judgement before any negotiations start.

One thing that would make parties settle pretrial would be if what each wanted wasnt to far apart, a compromise was obtainable. They might be worried a court decision would not be as good as a deal. Alliance wants 100%, presumably Heathgate wants to keep it at 25%. If its a buy out settlement what ratio to apply? I cant see room for a compromise.

Parties in a negotiation want to be in a position of strength. They will negotiate pretrial if they think the outcome of the trial will reduce this strength. From what I know I dont think Heathgate are worried about court. Also the parties are so far apart in expectations that the risks in trial arent significant.

They need a court settlement to establish ownership they havent been able to do that themselves. The valuing part is probably straight forward.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.