AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

Judgement Day, page-26

1. 2,426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    Vish,
    Only two of those appeals are civil appeals. The rest are criminal appeals.
    Only had a cursory glance at them however:
    • the first one (criminal appeal) didn't even get to hear an appeal it was thrown out at the "leave to appeal" stage.
    • the second one (criminal appeal) is just about allowing an appeal to continue outside of the normal time constraints where one can apply for leave to appeal.
    • the third one (criminal appeal) had appeal allowed against a sentence of imprisonment.
    • the forth one (civil case) had the appeal allowed in part.
    • the fifth one (civil case) had the appeal allowed.

So, I don't know how you can say..."especially in the month of April where all of them have been either partially or completely reversed".
    To recap, 3 were criminal appeals, 2 were civil appeals.
    4 out of the 5 were allowed, 1 of those was partially allowed. The remaining case was dismissed before it even got to the appeal hearing. You are incorrect, 4 out of 5 were allowed, not dismissed (or reversed in your words).

I hope that this "trend" as you call it does NOT continue because that would mean we lose.
    Remember SMMS brought this appeal, not Axiom kb.

On a side note, if others want to know why it will take some time to get this decision, read the last case which was quoted here to get an understanding of how these decisions are made in relation to the laws up there. You will see the complexity of even small cases of land or property ownership and how these have to be explained in detail by those judging the cases. Now expand that out to our current case and how long it has been going on and the judgements that have been precedent and the cross cases that are relevant and it is easy to see why this will take time to dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's" in this final legal hurdle.

Cheers and happy reading

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.