VAN 0.00% 4.7¢ vango mining limited

I have 3 HINs eligible for ORD SPP and an Express Post envelope...

1. 624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    I have 3 HINs eligible for ORD SPP and an Express Post envelope and $15K in the cheque account at the ready. These entitlements did not cost me anything as I sold my small or minimum parcels after the record date for more than I paid. In all, I made $25 after the 6+ commissions are subtracted (old HIN = +$40, new HIN = -$60, my HIN = +$45). I currently hold no ORD. Eliza rang me this morning in dulcet tones for ORD re the SPP - a very polite reminder.

However, this announcement came out today:

"Ord River Resources Limited advises that 57,182,744 fully paid ordinary shares which have been subject to restriction agreements will be released from escrow on 8 March 2007." These are noted at clause 38 on the Appendix 3B.

"Number and class of all securities quoted on ASX (including the securities in clause 38) = 142,330,411 Fully paid ordinary shares" I read this as the number of ORD is about to roughly double.

I suspect ORD may have something very significant at Copper Flats but there are just too many factors today:
    - market slump; is it likely to continue
    - so few posts anywhere on ORD and the negativity is odd
    - will the escrow ORDs be dumped after March 8 - did the owner get them for free and do they need cash urgently or do they want out in an uncertain stockmarket?

I think on balance I'll stay out of ORD for now. Instead I am spending some of the $15K on LNN, PRG and ARU today. Less form filling and seemingly more secure.

Good luck to holders - you may be on a multi-bagger with ORD but the market yesterday unnerves my appetite for what appear to me to be the more speculative situations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.