julia sums alan jones up perfectly, page-34

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    The promo was nauseating enough for me ,I gave up on 60 mins type interviews 20 years ago . Sadly the source of great journalism in those days ,the ABC ,has become so infiltrated with ideology that they're even worse than the commercials ,certainly more advertorial/pictorial ,and that's saying something . Nothing against Muslims but I reckon every time I turn on the ABC or SBS there's some Muslim on there whinging about something . Surely there are some other races/religions that they can dig up to have a go at someone. They've become obsessed with the Muslim ideology ,maybe they're muslims running the show in there. It's become a strange world.

These days it's impossible to do a Frost/Nixon type interview because politicians and their minders view every question like a loaded bullet and they have the scripted responses to diffuse or incite,whatever the message is that they think they're trying to get out there.

Public figures like Gillard and Rudd become caricatures of themselves ,they end up actually believing the spin that that they've created around every issue they've been involved in . And when it blows up in their face they trot out a different spin to explain the stuff ups . Gillard has done this time after time , still at it.

Whatever you might think about Abbott he doesn't get involved in the infotainment dialogue ,what you see is what you get ,a lot of people really don't like that . I wonder if he too will become a victim like his immediate predecessors

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.