julian assange playing a risky game, page-3

1. 6,389 Posts.
    Years ago when I was in the US Army man we didn't have all the nice play toys that they have now.

"HITECH" was getting a TEMPEST approved electric typewriter. (If you want to know what that is look it up.)

Or in when Korea my MP's had receivers, but no transmitters - great use those were. Or when I had more vehicles than MP's..........

In '83/84 in Grenada we finally had a laptop that we could could use to do nice things.

In '91 while on AD things were finally getting better. Then I left.

Then later the powers that be decided that in order to be able to 'share' intel they set up these fancy networks that offered access to a suite of intel databases.

Guess that they forgot to put a few safeguards in the system that allowed some low level nothing the ability to access and download all sorts of stuff at the 'confidential' and 'secret' levels.

"Stuff' that gets a classification becuase they don't want it floating around so that any numbnut can get his/her hands on it.

Most of the stuff has no meaning after a short period of time and while its contents may contain 'stuff' that could be embarrassing it doesn't reveal sources and methods.

You know 'stuff' like we are reading your electronic messages becuase we broke your codes or that 'mr x' in your government is providing us with information.

So if you have a chance to look at the wikileaks 'stuff' and get excited, then just think what real intel at the TS codeword /SCI/TK/G levels is like (Look it up if you don't know wht that 'stuff' is.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.