SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

I know it is being called a 1.1m load at 26% interest, but be...

1. 921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 287

I know it is being called a 1.1m load at 26% interest, but be aware it may not necessarily turn out that way.

Remember, they only really received $983K cash from Telefox (although they did get $1.1m of debt)

While the announcement calls it a $1.1mloan with the first 5 months of 2% interest paid upfront (or deducted from cash received), another way of looking at it is a loan of $983K with the first 5 months of 2.4%interest added on upfront ($117K / 5 months = 2.4%). From the 5 month mark onward, the remaining balance costs 2% per month.

If the company pays out the balance in cash during the term of the loan, the payout figure required is the outstandingbalance plus a further 5%

The best case scenario would be to pay off the outstanding balance within the first 5 months, something they may be in a position to do if they do secure further finance. This would require a payment of the outstanding $1.1m plus 5% ($55K). In total, this would amount to borrowing$983K for up to 5 months and paying 17.5% interest ($172K)

Of course at the other end of the spectrum, they could pay none of it off and owe all the interest on the outstanding balance (7 months at 2% of $1.1m or $22K x 7 = $154K). The total owning would be $1.254m (amounting to 28% interest on the $983Kthey originally received). The total would be converted to shares at a further 5% discount to the 5 day vwap and probably be sold on market.

No idea how they plan to manage this loan. It could go either way..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.