NEO nuenco nl

jumonville production on increase, page-5

1. 8,078 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    Righto ! Hi to both "bignote" and to "jordos" !!!

bignote asked this question : "can you explain the ref to pressure: " is only 3% below the well head shut-in pressure" ? "
    And I see that jordos has made a comment : "please correct me if i'm wrong (i dont consider myself an expert by any means) but i thought the shut-in pressure was the pressure they put on the top of the well to balance the force of the oil trying to escape... "

Now I do not consider myself an expert on the finer technicalities of drilling and production but I would suggest that this is probably the answer to that sentence in the announcement.

When it talks about the "shut-in pressure" I think it is referring to the situation that once they have perforated the bore to test a zone and they have oil/gas flowing to the surface then they usually "shut-in" the well. In other words they will practically shut off any flow out of the well to allow the pressure to build up.
    It's a bit like turning on a garden hose tap but then you turn the spray nozzle off and let the pressure build up in the hose. The water is still flowing from the tap being turned on but you are restricting or shutting off the escape route through the nozzle and the pressure is building up in the hose. When you open the nozzle and let the water through it will shoot out under pressure that has built up.

Now with Jumonville #1 they are saying that the pressure they originally recorded when the well head was shut down (heavily restricted) has dropped by a mere 3% now even though they are flowing the oil at 700 barrels per day and they have gas flowing out at 350,000 cubic feet per day.

In other words there is very good pressure there behind the oil and gas. They could open it up more and get a 1,000 bopd and still have plenty of well head prssure possibly. The other possible interpretation (and I'm no expert) could be that it is going to be able to deliver oil at a very high flow rate because of the high pressure being maintained.

Somebody else may be able to correct or amplify on that suggestion

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.