GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hey JSS.Really impressive work and appreciated.I think we...

1. 11,708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6129
    Hey JSS.
    Really impressive work and appreciated.
    I think we touched on this in the last quarterly update, but I still feel AIC is also pretty important, in the sense that it provides a more 'pure' metric for just how much free cashflow a company is actually generating, particularly when looked at over the longer term.

For example, WGX, ended up with increasing its net cash position for FY2021 by..... $7m. That is after producing 245k at an AISC of around $1450 AUD. Where did all the profit go.... non-sustaining capex, hedging, exploration etc.

They are not alone, though, they are for me the easiest to point out. It gets even more interesting if you look at say 1,3,5 year periods for AIC, net increase in cashflow etc. That is why the likes of GOR, receive such a high premium compared to many other producers, that have larger production profiles. It's all about the AIC.

Hopefully you can add EMR to your list as of next quarter, as they will likely have achieved commercial production in the near term.

Anyway, wish I could offer more constructive feedback, but, I think after reading through 50+ quarterlies... I am spent! eek.pngbiggrin.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.