Hi everyoneI have been getting a lot from this thread and agree...

1. 340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hi everyone
    I have been getting a lot from this thread and agree with you Lindfield that it would be a shame to let it dwindle. I will try to add a bit to the swing charting ideas Scilliams has been sharing.

'My next big leap will be trying to estimate the height of the next swing - something I have been singularly unsuccessful at so far - so any tips will be gratefully received.'

I have liked Gann's ideas on ranges for a long time.

These charts might give a way of forecasting possible future levels - I'm no expert but since I've been watching Robb and Scilliams I have dug my interpretation of Gann's methods out and guess what? They still help.

I realise that I had something that worked for me and then took it for granted and looked for refinements :) - still I will keep a few of them.

The idea is that you measure the first legitimate run out /swing from a basing pattern or major low/high.
    Then project that run from the low of the retrace as you can see here on this weekly 2008 Low. Not too shabby eh?
    the 233% pulled the rally up.

cok weekly

Gann used monthly, quarterly and yearly charts for a clear picture of trends and projections so here is the current market and an idea of possible targets from the swings on a monthly.

cok monthly

And here is the same idea on a current daily - note the zigzag swings are weekly swings.
    Cheers
    Raine

cok daily

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.