KEY 0.00% 0.1¢ key petroleum limited

Aksier...The patterns of the charts after the most recent spike...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Aksier...

The patterns of the charts after the most recent spike would support that view.

Last time saw the retrace pivot at week three (this time week two) from the spike week, with the rounding bottom breakout on week 7, before another round of consolidating those levles prior to the next spike.

All up, we saw an 11 week cycle fro spike to spike, mostly on the back of the markets awareness of time delays, first to obtain a work-over rig, then secondly to flow test.

This time around however, the only delay relates to data acquisition, which by its nature can be arbitrary...they could go early with very loose numbers...or wait a little longer and firm them up a little more.

The selective nature of this process will tend to drive the price through the normal cycle faster, potentially even turnig the current retrace/rounding bottom consolidation into a quick continuation recovery at any day/week.

This questionmark in the timing of results will play to keep more in who may otherwise have been prepared to play the swings, the result of which is a sort of "quickening" of the current process.

I see two scenarios...

1. Next week sees a recovery rally, with trading into and towards the top half of the shadow from week one (ie, 40-50c range), or;

2. Low volatilty trading into and/or about the range of the rounding bottom neckline about 36.6c +/-.

In essence, I see 43.5, 50c then 56c as significant and likely levels in the days/weeks ahead.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.