KEY 0.00% 0.1¢ key petroleum limited

june 2008 investor presentation released, page-33

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Can almost smell a placement here?

Are there any groups KEY would want to let in prior to announcing results...as a favour perhaps, or indeed as a feathering of the nest for future needs?

Such things are not unusual, nor are they always a bad thing.

The pressure has been applied to the heads consistently...yet all stock let out is snapped up in a very tight range...just a 2c range all day today, with a VWAP of 32.3.

The reason I guess placement, apart from the ongoing yet well measured selling in the heads, was that little dump today in the options...two seperate lines...350k and 400k...both in spite of clear support in the heads.

I am annoyed I missed them though...unfortunately distracted with other stuff of late...and only though placing a buy order in the queue would simply push the price up.

Anyway...these guys (or perhaps just one?), clearly wanted out at any price they could get...for what ever reason? Plenty of volumein these of late, so could simply be a new arrival...or...if as I said a placement is in the wings (say at 30c given they way it is holding), then perhaps they saw it as a negative?

Alternatively, the presentation, in my view, hosed down some of the unrealistic expectations for this stock, particularly in relation to near-term drilling...so possible someone simply decided they did not want to wait?

Not that it matters, the heads are trading well...much of it churn by the way...so clearly someone likes it.

Charts look positive, with the chance for a touch of 38.5c the very next session a real possibility.

If nothing else, the rise this week in that leaky ship BUY sort of gives us a clue to what is going down at Kiliwani!

lol

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.