MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

june quarterly out, page-19

1. 1,702 Posts.
    You are correct CJ on the A1....... the last serious production there was by a listed Sydney Stock Exchange ticker called Broken Hill Holdings or BHH....... Garling senior was the md.... this was late 70s and early 80s............ I think there was some discussion here a few months back about A1 and those days....... much smaller dyke than MS Dyke but rich like MS....... sad to say there is fookall there now at the A1 mine settlement after the 06/07 Xmas fires........ the guys who bought it from garling and crew burst the tailings dam trying to ramp up production and it hasn't been mined since......... if you go to the dpi site you can see the lease was just let go recently...... it's not gdr it was some mob called sedimentary holdings who tried to drill a few holes I think............. my brother used to work in the pub at gaffneys creek up the road.......... and i tell you when garling and co were there, there was a primary school and it was rich.......i asked garling why no-one wants it - ---- why doesn't mco grab it and he said it firstly the tailings dam burst and muck went into the creek...... the mines dept went berserk and basically it's been an issue ever since....... It sure was a famous old mine... along with the Long Tunnel and Morning Star, the 3rd most prodigious I think I'm right in saying.......there's also some interesting corporate tales NOT TAILS... but tales of the blokes who took it over ripping off some trust moneys and they got done for fraud..... well one did and hence visited H.M. Kitchens and one had some associated personal problems and shot himself....... well known Melbourne white collar men... collins street types...... seeing as it's a day for mining folklore!!!!!!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.