MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

I really don't think that the timing of SPP was intended to...

1. 100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    I really don't think that the timing of SPP was intended to allow people to participate with Heron results in hand, and the SPP will not be extended by my reasoning.

If Heron is not successful, and the SP goes to say 15c, who is going to partipate at 20c? Pointless.

If Heron is successful, and the SP goes to say 35c, why is it in the interests of the company to raise money at 20c?

I believe that MEO always intended on raising some $$ during drilling to mitigate risk (worked brilliantly for Artemis). However when the pre-spud rally didn't occur (perhaps becuase the insto's expected a raising so didn't buy in?) perhaps it was thought not to be wise/of value to offer 18-20c deal to insto's (and have the retail holders squeeling).

Instead, MEO offered the opportunity (i.e. take it or leave it) to existing (see record date) retail holders to top up or arbitrage a quick 5-10%.

So, the point is, other than some optmism in the pending annoucement I don't expect anything significant (other than what we know already).

I personally sold a parcel on the SPP annoucement for 23c and used the funds for the SPP (with a little extra kicked in for good measure).

Of course, fate will probably have it that an annoucement has been released while I'm typing this, annoucing a huge gas find, completely disproving my above theory...

Good luck

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.