PUA 12.5% 0.5¢ peak minerals limited

I'm not a lawyer, but the relevant legisation is the COMPANIES...

1. 140 Posts.
    I'm not a lawyer, but the relevant legisation is the COMPANIES (ACQUISITION OF SHARES) ACT 1980

Specifically Section 11

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/num_act/cosa1980316/s11.html

However, Section 15 allows for

"Acquisition of not more than 3% of voting shares permitted in each 6 months"

So it appears possible for a holding of 20% to increase by 3% every 6 months without triggering a takeover offer.

The legisation also appears to provide some flexibility when a shareholder obtains additional shares via either a rights issue or exercise of options where all shareholders had the right to participate.

So, if the HEGOB options are eventually exercised I believe the Elbozs would be able to increase their % shareholding beyond 20% (if not all of the options are exercised) without a take-over being triggered.

Pike River Coal (PRC) a New Zealand company listed on both the ASX and NZX is holding a Special Meeting of their shareholders shortly to approve their major shareholder being able to potentially exercise options they hold in PRC that may increase their % shareholding higher than their current 30-odd%.

So as with a lot of legisation there appears to be ways around whatever it says!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PUA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $4.686M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $17.92K 3.971M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 27225652 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 6123366 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.35pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PUA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.