Just a simple price range please, page-2

1. 1,674 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 269
    Yep it's all about hooking you as another fish. If they can't close you on the property you inquired about they'll try for another. Sales industry is disgusting imo. It's basically bullying and exploiting people for a living. I read a crap-load about psychology and sales. Sales is all about overwhelming somebody's conscious mind so their subconscious is accessed where the person can be controlled. Or, they'll play on other psychological phenomena such as reciprocity. They attempted both of these things in your example; the 50 questions and the time it takes will induce reciprocity. They are also qualifying you for other deals by ascertaining your budget etc. All the while it builds a 'relationship' which they intend to exploit when attempting to close a deal on you.

I wonder how many people have bought cars and houses simply because they were manipulated into it as opposed to it being their conscious choice. I've met sales people who seem like habitual liars and I expect they have become like that after a career of doing it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.