Bolding is mine. "Now that the FA of AVZ is cleaning up nicely...

1. 1,939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1153

Bolding is mine. "Now that the FA of AVZ is cleaning up nicely after the recent and ongoing shocks of Covid 19, updated FIRB position regards to international participants in ALL AUSTRALIAN listed companies with regards to critical minerals ( YES everyone can offtake but you cant control )...."There is still considerable uncertainty about FIRBs actual position held by posters in this forum.Yes, in AVZ's announcement Yibin Tianyi Withdraw FIRB Application dated 24 April 2020 above a release authorised by Nigel there is this statement. "The Company understands the Federal Government believed AVZ's forecast production of 87,500 tonnes per annum of lithium carbonate equivalent from operations planned to commence in 2022 (based on it producing 700,000 tonnes of spodumene concentrate (SC6)) was contrary to the national interest of "growing Australia's critical minerals sector". But the Company hasn't said to my knowledge what the basis of its understanding is and what the source of the quote in bold is.Obe Wan posted an excerpt including section 56 in the regulations in which he had circles a reference to 10% etc - but in his own excerpt above what he had circles were the words "foreign government investor" which made the point he'd circled not relevant unless Yibin is a "foreign government investor". Last I say his post had over 30 great analysis ticks and it doesn't demonstrate the point about 10% etc he was trying to make unless Yibin in a "foreign government investor". My point: The Company has been ambiguous and unclear about the source of its quotation and the basis of its understand and going by the great analysis ticks on Obe Wans post a lot of HotCopper posters are potentially getting confused too and not distinguishing between foreign government investors and non government foreign investors. AVZ has had an ethnically chinese, over 10% shareholding, and board seating holding shareholder before in Huayou Cobalt and I couldn't see anything in company announcements from that time about needing to go to the FIRB. Nor could I see any requirement for Yibin to go to the FIRB before the coronavius changes to the FIRB were made - unless they wanted an exemption certificate under section 43. Unless they were telling the FIRB they were somewhat "foreign government investor" owned - in which case if its true, I'd like that to be public knowledge. I think the "updated FIRB position" (your words) is still actually unclear in the minds of many posters to this AVZ section of the message board - including me - but less so with me than with most. "( Disclaimer.......I dont hold NOW, so I am a NON HOLDER, but after this post, I WILL BE A HOLDER., the world needs AVZ , the purest, largest , lithium beast in the world, sign up now for a CLEARER WORLD IMO ) "I am a holder. I also think Manono will be mined at some point - so the world will get AVZ in my opinion and probably so will Yibin and CATL. But whether it will be by AVZ the Australian listed company held by retail shareholders at that point is one question. And how much value will get to shareholders after management takes their bit is another. Every single management decision has an impact on the value of the company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.