Just a thought on self drive vehicles, page-61

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Hi All4One and all,

I guess it all comes down to costs. I live at Southbank in Brisbane and I have two cars parked in my garage a replica SS-100 for fun and another everyday car for general transport.

After being in Brisbane (the city) for a few hours a couple of weeks back I paid $48.00 to park my car. The other day I went into the city again I used a taxi in $14.00 and return $16.00 I actually gave both drivers a twenty dollar note including a tip and was still $8.00 better off. And I got to practice my Urdu on both trips.

Location and good public transport are also another factor a mates son from Yorkshire is currently working in central London and found his car too much of a pain to park etc. and as the public transport is so good he sold it. When he wishes to travel out of London he hires a rental car and saves a fortune apparently.

Living in my location with a free ferry service 100 meters from my buildings front door makes me look like I have rocks in my head; however, I see driving as one of my pastimes.

Then there is the national trend, Australians will complain about driving 8-10 K’s to work and then drive 400 K for a weekend barbeque!

I think it will take a great deal of effort to pry the Australian driver out of his car particularly since it’s taken us around twenty years to get him out of his V8.

And another thing the driverless car doesn’t do it doesn’t buy cars or other consumer goods!

Cheers and very best regards: Andy

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.