Just a thought on self drive vehicles, page-63

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    bblof

Ok if you want to carry this on I will.

1. The time taken is why cabs charge so much. They also charge a flagfall.
    Imagine how expensive self drive cars are going to be to maintain. If history tells us correctly the more technology you put into vehicles the more it costs to maintain.

2, How do you intend to ensure and take payment for the use of your driverless? You will have to have a payment system on board and then you will need that technology. That will tie you into a bank with all the fees and charges associated with that. His becomes a business then as all Uber drivers are now independant contractors. You will need to account for that so there is accounting fees and tax to be paid. In a driverless you wont be able to take cash it will all be electronic.
    Unlike cabs though you will not be able to take advantage of the tax concessions for a full time business.

3. Insurance companies will charge you more for a vehicle being used commercially, that is just a given and registration may also be higher.

You obviously dont know how cabs do and dont make money.
    They only really make money during peak periods and when everyone is going out. With your idea of driverless cars there will be so many of those things out and about and cabs as well as Uber and you wont make dollar one.
    They make money on volume.

You have to have owned several cars to really have an understanding of this.

") Tell me where insurance hasn't come down, after technology has reduced the risk (cost) to the insurer?

You obviously dont pay car insurance. With all the technology they have with airbags, ABS, and all the other technology the insurance premiums have kept going up not down. Have an accident in a driverless and the repair costs will be enourmous when the technology is damaged.
    Insurance companies are not going to bring the price down at all.
    I pay car insurance and it keeps going up and I have not had any claims.

Really you need to own a car or two and you may understand.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.