COI 2.50% 19.5¢ comet ridge limited

Following charts/trends and placing money based on the...

1. 142 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    Following charts/trends and placing money based on the prediction of investor sentiment can of course reap rewards – the bots are programmed with algorithms which will load up or sell on pre-calculated share price movement/volumes with those of us following this methodology hoping to jump in/out in sync with the bots. Not my game or expertise as I take investment positions based on fundamentals with in this case me liking COI’s asset base – management – geographical location – potential – to name a few.

COI is strategically positioned to add some serious amounts to an already healthy reserve base - Mahalo is ripe for being fast tracked to production - Galilee is showing signs of huge potential which although in it’s infancy could be the 'jewel in the crown'.

Should a Major be looking to shore up it’s untapped reserve portfolio to secure future market share – they will make that decision based on circumstances relevant only to them and will ‘show their hand’ as and when they deem the time to be right – therefore impossible IMO for any algorithm based program to predict one off events with historical data forming the basis on which those programs are built.

Neither position is right or wrong and there’s space for both with ‘interpretation’ being the key element for both disciplines.

From a pure personal perspective – short term share price fluctuations don’t concern as rarely does one buy in at the very bottom or sell at the very top - however – there’s money to be made between those two extremes. I don’t have the time to trade the ‘froth’ of short term investor sentiment – however I’m a believer that ‘value will out’ and from where I’m sitting COI looks good for either long term production or an earlier take out – as to which route will be taken – only time will tell.

An analogy:

If a house is valued at say $1million and that house has one hundred owners each owning a 1% share – this would suggest that each owners share of the house is worth $10,000. Should one of the owners fall on hard times and decide to offload their share for a quick $5,000 to another investor to take their position – this means that the markets immediately calculate the value of the house has fallen to $500,000 as such valuations are based purely on the last trade done.

Likewise if 1% of the shares of a company are in the hands of those that wish to trade those shares between themselves – Does this really mean that the fundamental valuation of the remaining 99% of the company is purely dependant on the price at which the 1% of the company has exchanging hands?

Here lies the difference between both positions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $216.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $166.7K 851.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 133600 19.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 201630 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.