COI 5.26% 20.0¢ comet ridge limited

any old timers here who were on ESG when STO took them over?if...

1. 12,135 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1285
    any old timers here who were on ESG when STO took them over?

if so, they would remember the ESG sp movement before the offer came in from STO... 3-4 months before the TO, it was absolute hell to be an ESG holder... the price when STO first took an entry was $1.20 or so and then it slowly drifted down to 60c (with news articles left, right and centre about what could happen - just like what we see in COI atm)...and then one fine day the TO offer came in - 90c a pop... 50% premium to the last X number of days of VWAP... punters jumping with joy with the massive premium

I guess, if STO is going to take us out, the frustration will only increase, not decrease... the difference between the time then and now is that O&G were on the nose atm and it was probably easy to manipulate ESG sp before lobbing in an opportunistic offer... but now, O&G stocks are buzzing with renewed vigous - EXCEPT COI... this dull period while every O&G dog worth its salt is buzzing is telling me that the sp devaluation may not happen like ESG but a long sideways move is possible - trickle selling will continue as holders see opportunities elsewhere and jump out...

the offer will come (if it is ever coming) when it is least expected... when the volume is probably dried out and the gloom factor will be at the max...

I entered COI around 15 days ago with my Round#1 of buying in.... will top up if the sp starts drifting lower on such volumes while the rest of the O&G sector puts on huge runs on the board...

STO setting its house in order atm... so probably the bid may get delayed but you never know... it could happen tomorrow or the next week or the next month... test of patience...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.010(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $221.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.5¢ $221.3K 1.134M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 218150 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 1148645 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
COI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.