CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

just an observation

1. 10,843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Having a scroll through the Hotcopper Tipping for the last few months and noticed Continental have been tipped to the top of the month nearly every time. There is no doubt that the shareprice has appreciated well in the last few moonths from pre mashala days of 5c to currently 9c. A healthy 80% rise.

Despite this ccc has not taken off like many othes have, for instance 200/300%. I am not sure if many on HC expected this type of irregular meteoric rise, as I didnt. I will explain why and what this means for Continental.

Stocks that win Tipping Comps rely predominantly on left field extremely positive results. For instance an exploration company drilling with a massive find or strike, or a biotech with a huge contract announced over night.

Such events are very hard to predict and often result in a "pump and dump" which is infamous for suckering in us punters from HC and often will be seen clambering over the "Day Trader" threads. Not always the case but certainly pretty well on the cards.

As for Continental I am not surprised that it is not a 25c stock over night. The truth of the matter is that CCC is not a small company, soon it will be inside the ASX 300. Larger companies like ccc take time to move. Added to this is the fact that we are under 10c, meaning short termers are more likely to trade for smaller pips than when we break over the 10c level. The truth is CCC has a very large share base, has suffered from poor sentiment in the past, and has only really in the last 6 months turned the ship around. Management have been sensational from there imo.

But what the Tipping comps do show is one very important thing. When we tip something we tip what we think or to the best of our foresight what will be most LIKELY to appreciate in that given period (this instance a month). Here is where ccc excels.

It is obvious that ccc has for an extended period attracted peoples interest from far and wide. In terms of security going forward in many eyes ccc is unrivalled it seems. The market likes security and CCC has plenty of it with EDF committing to a 20 year contract to take billions of dollars of coal off Continental. With Cashflow rolling in and CCC management hitting runs, targets and future projections can be made with a higher degree of confidence and that is exactly what investors are after. I want to know what my money may be worth in 1,2,3 etc years time. It is not guaranteed but it seems that CCC presents a brilliant case for forecasting future growth and advances that this well managed company may take.

The Gyrations tend to be smaller as the tranparent nature of the business is allowed to shine through and perform to market expectations as disclosed to the asx. As mines are built the money will follow and the years will roll on. In the short term once 10/15c is surpassed I expect that activity on the ccc threads will subside and ccc will be the company that many are forecasting it to be today. For mine I am willing to hang out the ride.

Do I see overnight returns that can land a Ferrari in my garage, NO. Do I see sustained growth in a growing and consolidating region, where I have the chance to many bags my money with a signature from EDF, yes i do.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.