EGO 0.00% 12.0¢ empire oil & gas nl

just asking

1. 718 Posts.
    I realise its old news but was just reading this in WA paper and just wondered what the $72,829 was for, as it says it was fees for defamation work on behalf of directors, and was paid for by the directors. Is this on top of what EGO is saying is legal expenses for defamation fees paid by Shareholders money. Ive probably got it wrong, as im not the brightest when i comes to understanding BullS**T.

Empire yesterday re-lodged its annual report, including an amended directors' report, to include the additional details of Mr Marshall's contract as well as reflecting that Martin Bennett, whose law firm Bennett + Co is acting for the company and Empire directors on matters including defamation, had served on its board. Bennett + Co was paid $72,829 for services relating to shareholder meetings last year.
    Mr Bennett said last night the disclosure was voluntary because he did not control Bennett + Co, and the law firm therefore was not an Empire-related party. He said fees charged by Bennett + Co for defamation work on behalf of Empire directors including Mr Marshall were not disclosed because they were paid by directors, and not the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.