Just how stupid are fed Libs, page-50

1. 1,842 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Haha, 'Cauldron of the ridiculous'! Where on earth do you come up with these wonderful witicisms?

Your ideas remind me of Peter Costello's & Margaret Thatchers' simple truths. And at least in my book, that is the highest of praise.

PS Just a note on the implementation of the GST. Why were you against it? It was certainly the lesser of two evils.

As a proprietor of a two businesses, in those days, that had to handle another cauldron of the ridiculous - Wholesale tax. The GST simplicity was a book keeping relief.

We were paying 32.5% wholesale tax at the time. Some raw materials we used were exempt, others at different rates, even liquid portions of the same container, depending on which portion of the same container, was sold too, were at different rates.

A wholesale tax audit was a constant threat that could and did send others in my industry to the wall.

The risk of course, as is happening now, we have little 'add ons' coming back in. Deal with the devil clauses such as the ridiculous 'Alcho pops' tax and the 'luxury car tax'.

See you around the traps Mr Pisces

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.