PLS 1.55% $3.80 pilbara minerals limited

just musing

1. 2,837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307
    just thinking about the current situation with Li miners... maybe I'm barking mad....
    I'm not a holder of any Li stocks but have followed the evolution of Li companies (missed the sp jumps in '16 and '17) and must say I too am puzzled by the current status of Li stocks given the supposed impending EV revolution. These stocks have been hit across the board for some reason.
    Stepping back a bit, consider the major players in the coming EV revolution. The changes for the oil and automotive industries are huge and dramatic. Both these industries wield an awful lot of clout in the world and they aren't going to simply allow control to slip from their hands without getting their fingers in the new pie. One route to control is the supply chain which will fuel the revolution, that means getting involved in the new technology and in particular the commodities which currently drive it - Lithium, Graphite, Cobalt and so on. At some level you can be sure the 'old' regime is looking hard at the new technology and figuring out how they can stay on top of it. I couldn't say exactly how this will be achieved but feel sure they are involved and depressing prices, for instance, would not be difficult for them, since they are both master manipulators in their own right. No need to call this conspiracy it's called capitalism.
    How long will it take for things to get back on an even keel and how long will current holders have to wait to see their investments better reward them (though most of them should be doing fairly well already?). I have no answer to that, except to say I don't think it will be next week. The current Li stocks depression looks engineered to me and it might be a while before any significant progress is made. The EV revolution will happen but it's a big ship to steer to a new course.
    How long can investors hold out until things improve again? Just remember what Keynes said:
    "The market can remain irrational longer than you can stay solvent"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.80
Change
-0.060(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $11.43B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.79 $3.82 $3.73 $57.00M 15.04M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 69737 $3.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.81 38473 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.80
  Change
-0.060 ( 1.42 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.80 $3.82 $3.73 3913253
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.