MAE 0.00% 0.0¢ marion energy limited

Desire,You imply failure without knowing the answer, so ill set...

1. 8,606 Posts.
    Desire,

You imply failure without knowing the answer, so ill set you straight and you can imply something else for us then.
    Had we not have shut in the wells, we would not have 'profited' or made money etc. That is an crucial assumption that will cost you some confidence.
    The gas was plentiful enough to flow and that was the only concern at the time - flows and hydrates.
    Having knocked that task well on the head we were then in a position where we were ready to send the gas to market.
    But we didnt...and you paint failure. Well the reason i understand that we didnt send the gas to market is that it would have been uneconomical for the company to sell anything from the wells which had been completed at that point and given the dire forsecasts our advisors were well engaged to have us keep our gas in the ground.
    Look u[p the companies in the USA, in our region or circumstances, which went belly up over the last 12 months due to cash burn from keeping activities at full speed. Then you will understand that it was more intelligent for us to not sell gas and to concentrate our cash resevres into areas such as collating data, reviewing projects and fallouys in the case of any lasting GFC and for accomodating potential clients/suitors/synergies.
    All that costs money and it has basically been a case preserving capital by altering our activity entirely while others around us pressed on an hence crumbled.

Its nothing to do with the gas.
    This process of cleaning out a previously productive well hole is very standard and is often referred to aas "recompleting". The word itself has strong implications that a relevent well has already been conmpleted and has already been producing and only requires the final 'completion' stage to become fruitful again. Thats like removing foreign or unwanted bodies from the hole cavity and then mopping up around the work area. The simplicity of this task (from what i've read very recently) is best explained as if you were at home and working in your kitchen...it would be kind of like cleaning out the sink hole of gunk for the sake of the dolphins and algal bloom, mopping up the remaining water and detergent bubbles hanging aorund and then drying your stainless steel to neat and clean status.

Metaphor time.

'Recompletion' as not as intensive or tricky as the above techniques and could be compared to intensive processes like 'fraccing', 'comissioning'or 'drilling' by saying that:
    'Recompleting' is like simply cleaning the sink after washing your dishes by comparison.

StevenJD,

Thanks, as i expected, the only thing different to my insight is that you say PC said the cleaning our of the holes will take amaybe a month, where i said one, maybe two weeks for such a task. I guyess it depends on how many workers are onto the task.

All is well and like i said, i think, we are at square one now with MAE and now is the 1st positive step in our independence and longevity, if there ever was such a legitimate stage.

Cheers,

L

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MAE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.