just popped in to change the stylus

1. 1,320 Posts.
    Larry here.

Nice to see that my old HC Radio station is still going strong. So many contributors and a good range of songs and genres.

Maybe, just maybe, there might be some questionable music choices. But if someone believes that the Beiber kid will make something of himself other than be a perfect toothed adolescent with a three-note voice and a need to advertise ProActive pimple cream until he's 25, well who am I to argue?

I've been thinking of spinning the turntables again. The one thing holding me back is the current state of popular music. Yes, I can hear the groans now from the cheap seats. "Music was better in your day, ol man, wasn't it?"

Maybe it was. Or perhaps more considered in arrangement, melodic (pop) quality and content.

But more specifically, the quality of tracks coming out of the US to satisfy the demands of 13 year old OMG, OMG, OMG screamers is, unfortunately, diabolic.

I ask, why does every female singer need to caress herself in her video? Why does every female portrayed in a video for a large, smug-eyed negro have to wear skimpy clothes and look sluttish?

Now, girls and boys, you know Larry has done some things in life and having a few young ladies around in skimpy gear was quite normal. In fact, mandatory.

But we are talking music here, the noise that fills the silence, the sound of life and living and the pulse of being on a train and humming and beating to the clickety-clack of the lines and a favourite song on the radio that takes you up (dare I say it?) where you belong.

Just some thoughts.

Larry

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.