GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

ELm 7,the IMF comment was an additional point, and you are quite...

1. 48 Posts.
    ELm 7,

the IMF comment was an additional point, and you are quite right, i did little research, so i take that back. I don't think they are selling at lows though. Not sure where you get that from.

Lets not forget that CHina is now the largest producer of gold, and is essentially just buying its own gold. If they fail to continue doing this, they will flood the market with extra supply.

Look the bottom line is that you guys obviously do way more research on gold than i do. I just stumbled onto this thread for the first time this morning to get a view on gold. And all i saw was mindless love of gold. No views, no opinions, just Gold is going to the moon, and you better get long.

So i decided to deliberately play the role of devil's advocate in order to invoke some proper thought and substance. And i got this, with much better quality posting than before i came along and disagreed with everyone.

I will say this though, the gold conspiracy theorists have been around for ages. Gold will be $3000 by 2015 and all that. It still hasn't broken $1000 sustainably, so i think it pays to look at the other side of the coin.

DO you think that in 1980 with a gold spike to $680, there weren't people saying the same thing. Do you think they predicted a 20 year gold bear market (including the crazy 80s with outrageous property bubble and stock market spike). Of course they didn't. Maybe you can outresearch me with China this and Russia that, but take a look at history.

If you think we are entering unprecedented times, that are genuinely different to anything we have seen before, then buy gold. If you think this is just history repeating, and the cycle starting again, then i would be short gold.

The real winner is this forum, with some good posts by you gold likers. well done.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.