GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

just punched through 990, page-56

1. 287 Posts.
    Greetings elm7

Spent the last hour devouring the various threads on the GOLD forum and particularly your interest in pursuing both.

I have always understood that generally gold and oil have generally moved in a kind of tandem occasionally getting out of kilter.

Like you I am into both oil and gold in the belief that although with vastly differing uses they are nevertheless commodities.

Right now gold is up and oil is down (relative to recent levels). Do you see a correction to equillibrium? Is it gold down or oil up. Or has the perception of both changed so much that an equillibrium is now history and unlikely to be an issue any longer?

Thanks to all on the GOLD forum for the very interesting arguments pro and con. Wish I'd had access to this kind of intelligence when studying Economics in the late 60's.

Two things though have recently been picked up on HC:

A large US insurance group buying gold as an investment.

Another large US financial services group climbed into SBM last week to an extent that they had to record their stake of over 5% - not a top quality gold stock but the price climbed about 30% from its recent fall to 19 - 20c. Nevertheless the M Cap is still not peanuts.

If these entities were European or Asian that is understandable. But Americans?

Are both these US-based organizations dumb or have they discovered something we don't know? Or something some posters on the forum refuse to acknowledge.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.