just watched abbott, page-59

1. 2,734 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    Why do the Labor stooges think Abbott is right wing? He has demonstrated again and again he is willing to compromise on Coalition traditions to take on centre-left policy (maternity leave?) to bring the Liberal party into contention while the electorate is in love with this sort of politics. I would describe him as slightly right of Tony Blair and miles away from his past leaders.

I think you people are more offended by his religious views (which are mainstream in his electorate) than his politics.

Turnbull for all his pedigree and bluster was an ineffective opposition spokesman and his rollover on the ETS was nigh on criminal given the extreme loathing of it in his party. I think he will be proven to be a lightweight.

For all you guys loath Abbott he shone a light up to Rudds BS and presided over the Liberal party coming out of the election wilderness to being serious contenders. Imagine if they had won - he would have been viewed as another John Howard in the making (who won 4 elections whether you liked him or not).

Abbott the Rhodes Scholar will be around for a long time in my view. The bloodsport of taking apart Julia Gillards weak majority in parliament will be too good for him to resist and that has been his speciality to date. I look forward to hearing the frustration from Labor ranks about the inability to pass any of their pork barrel junk and the sheer uselessness of their majority in the Senate as the Coalition stuffs all their show ponies.

Its going to be very hard to replicate the grandstanding of Rudds legacy with this mob of disparate loonies as there is nearly 50% of the house with a serious axe to grind now. If I were Abbott I would be sharpening my blade ready to sink it into the first sign of Labor weakness.

My prediction is a no-confidence election within a year.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.