BHP 0.37% $43.40 bhp group limited

just went long , page-12

1. 3,728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    sold out today. The charts I'm looking out indicates that both the DOW and BHP are most likely still on the down trend. May turn around next week, or it could continue to slide. I've just had a spring clean out today and sold off about 7 stocks today. Yeah, I could be punished next week. Who cares though - there's so many great bargains to be had out there - wpl, cba, nab, zfx, just to name a few. They're at 2 year lows. The bad news in the states is not gonna go away over night and people are still being spooked. I'll be much more careful with what I pick from now on. I've started buying shares in mid 2006 and have been through 2 solid corrections and a clayton's crash. After taking some profits in early Novemeber and selling many today, I guess I'm back to what I started with. Rather than feeling down (and I am feeling down) and thinking about how much extra money I could have had, I'm looking at it as a very valuable lesson. I've learnt a lot, as has others, and will be much more disiplined from now on, such as by using stop losses. As one trader quotes - investors (not traders) who hold onto a falling stock are the gamlers, as they're willing to see their money value go downwards in the hope it would go up again one day. Don't fall in love with any stock not matter what's said about it. If the market's dumping it, then get out before it's too late.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$43.40
Change
-0.160(0.37%)
Mkt cap ! $220.1B
Open High Low Value Volume
$43.11 $43.56 $43.09 $248.4M 5.730M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5716 $43.37

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$43.41 4801 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.