Just what percentage of QLD police officers are corrupt. ??, page-56

1. 85,675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    yes, I do understand this --

I have several friends who keep telling me that we have the best country in the world --

what I notice most when I go OS - not just 2018 but, the previous years as well - one of the biggest things is that we have lost our freedom

probably most people are oblivious to it -- ask anyone who travelled in Australia or got to know the place really well say 40 years ago -- the freedom then was far far far greater than now.

I like the modern era, I like Australia - but, I sure do not like the loss of freedom ------- we have lost many freedoms that others still have-

amazing really

the list is long - fences in vast remote places that weren't there before

Bureaucratic processes that can tie you in knots almost indefinitely

Laws that prevent you from working on your own property

Now - pretty close to the worst invasions of privacy without warrants from authorities ------- sure, they 'can't check the content' - but, it's an unheard of intrusion of freedom

Road blocks in WA - where multiple departments attend and check things - when I first experienced that many years ago - I thought I was in some backblock of China or Russia

Paying to visit our own National Parks - that rot set in 3 decades ago - incredible

Governments now having record refusals under the freedom of information act -

my god --- we thought this stuff was bad in places like the Soviet Union years back --- I thought we won the cold war???

endless really

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.