One experience I had in Vietnam (the home of the commo enemy) -...

1. 85,675 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    One experience I had in Vietnam (the home of the commo enemy) -

I had a wonderful place to observe motorbikes - I used to love going down and sitting at this bar (which exploded out of what was a normal house about 4pm is) - 4 to 6pm was a great time to observe - because the mums and dads would be off work -
    there were 4 on a bike - mum, dad, 2 kids - many times babies - you would see a 4 up, guaranteed every 5 minutes and a 5 up a couple of times an hour

I took a few young travellers with me on occasion (it was the perfect place and time for pics) - I remember the yanks - they all said - (something like) -

'they are amazing - they do what they like - and, they all look so happy'

hmmm -------- 'they do what they like' ---------- sounds like freedom to me - and, that was from the mouths of people from 'the land of the free' -

'and, they all look so happy' ----------- yes, they do - so much for the commo threat

the fact is that I never saw safer riders or drivers than a mum with kids on board - they all putt along at very slow speeds - their most precious cargo is on board

the kids of course come with wheels attached at birth - they just change seats as they get older -

but, the overpowering thing about it is freedom -------- lost to us -

we lost the war and lost the freedom

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.