just who do the unions represent?

1. 2,780 Posts.
    I note that the Unions are today, mounting a big advertising campaign in support of the "Great big new super tax on jobs"

Oh sorry, I got that wrong. It's the new "Super tax on everything"

Oh sorry, that's wrong too. It's the "Super Tax on miners profits"

It seems to me that this is yet another case of the Trade Union leaders, who, let's face facts, are basically nothing more than "apprentice Labor Ministers", being caught between their allegiances to the all powerful parliamentary Labor Party, and their own members, who at this time anyway, pay their wages.

These Union leaders, through their ad. campaign, are actually advocating that a tax on mining, and the subsequent slowing of operations, and companies moving off shore, is a good thing.

Mind boggling. Perhaps the Union members should be asking of their Leaders, just which mining companies will be giving them their highly paid jobs, when the "Great big new super mining tax", shuts things down in Australia.

It sort of reminds me a bit of the way the Queensland Trade Unions, campaigned for the Bligh mob before the last election. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Now Bligh wants to privatise assets and sell them off. Unemployment, here we come. The Nurses can't even get paid because the government bungled the new pay roll system.

So, my question is....

Just who do the Trade Unions represent???

cheers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.