just witnessed a brutal attck on a train, page-53

1. 47,364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    macrae12

IMO you made the right decision! Congratulations!

IMO whatever actions you take you must be true to yourself - from your description you witnessed a crime going down & intervened based on your sense of compassion for others and to prevent human suffering. What more could anyone ask?

I must admit to being scarred through multiple experiences of what IMO is Australia's grotesquely unrepresentative, parasitic, self-serving but handsomely rewarded judicial system. IMO it is the increasing growth of no-confidence in our judiciary; fuelled by the sense of outrage from knowing that many escape, avoid & are exonerated despite their heinous & reprehensible actions; that makes victims of people such as yourself.

Increasingly normal people are afraid & insecure: day-time shootings in public places, graffiti vandalism, road rage, white collar crime, ram raids, machete attacks on suburban streets, abductions, rapes in local parks ...... IMO 'The West' has a lot going for it but judicial 'tolerance' of crime is undermining the very fabric of our society.

IMO it should not be this way & hating to admit defeat I would love to see an action plan developed to remedy the situation. Dare I suggest:
    1. Learn from approaches overseas - Singapore & New York are now much safer than Perth, Melbourne or Sydney.
    2. Remove perpetrators' anonymity - introduce facial recognition technology / CCTVs & ban public wearing of masks / balaclavas etc.
    3. Free up our courts by making more offences 'on the spot fines', wherein Police can issue immediate justice - recorded of course!
    4. Replace our current judicial system with one that is directly accountable to the public & in touch with community values [eg. elected officials only & who satisfy 'community profiling pretests'].
    5. Empower the public to directly establish consequences appropriate to major crimes via the ballot box [referendums]
    6. Completely overhaul our laws & devise a new severity rating system that largely removes judicial discretion: maliciously causing human suffering might be towards the top ....
    7. Change the focus of our judicial system from repatriating criminals to restoring quality of life to their victims & their families.

My verbal diarrhoae could keep going on macca & I genuinely feel for you atm. Our society owes you a debt of gratitude; "Thanks!"

4YIO - NFA - PDYOR

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.