just witnessed a brutal attck on a train, page-66

1. 4,960 Posts.
    Totally agree Misty and am a bit 'in shock' myself with the calls to get counselling.

I appreciate that I personally may have seen n been involved in more violence than the average bear (try being a bouncer in Ireland during the marching season, LOL!), however, what happens if there is a brawl at the footy witnessed live by 1000 people? instant queue for counselling?

Again I appreciate that

A. Seeing a bloke hit a woman is a little different.

B. Stepping in and doing something about it is a little different (ONYA MACRAE again!)

C. Seeing the affect of the tension and violence and having others go off based on that tension(guy who kicked in windows) is a little different.

However, I am now somewhat concerned over the amount of calls for counselling, and wonder how much of that is indeed a reflection of the same mentality that only saw MacRae step up and make a difference.

But as I say... No stranger to violence and one does become less sensitive as one discovers that life does not end after the involvement/witness/interference in such happenstances over time.

;)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.