TAW 0.00% 31.0¢ tawana resources nl

i went to the AGM last year and while there was nothing super...

1. 1,214 Posts.
    i went to the AGM last year and while there was nothing super special i came away with a good deal of confidence in the 'new' MD Len Kolff. Do a google and you will see what i mean. this guy ticks all the boxes for TAW gold and iron ore exploration in Africa.

I'm not worried about money either with Warwick Grigor,
    Non-Executive Chairman on the board. This guy has as many connections as Telstra.

I guess what does concern me is the proliferation of metals that these guys are persuing and the lack of focus. Gold, iron ore, managanese and there are still residual assets left over from diamond days. SA, Liberia, Australia.

They need focus.

I would love them to ditch all their diamond assets and exit South African residual assets all together. Also i have doubts that chasing 'artisan gold workings' will produce any serious gold. (look at SBL and TNR) I'm sure if TAW set themselves up as exclusively iron ore, the market would treat them more seriously.

They do seem to have focused on Liberia and they know it pretty well. And maybe this acquisition to be announced tomorrow will set the scene for where TAW should be. I hope its iron ore, but i'll settle for a significant gold asset. They have $3m cash which is OK for current scrabbling around. A decent acquisition will change that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.