My key point on this is likely strategies moving forward....

1. Osi
    15,888 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    My key point on this is likely strategies moving forward. Politics and religion are key but secondary to who votes for whom on 3 November.

Biden is in a win win. He doesn't need to say too much to win a conservative Catholic base to his side. Nothing is actually binary in this space and games of real politik can and will be played.

Lets wait and see who Trump actually nominates. As posted, my view is that if Trump picks someone who is actually qualified for the role (many of his nominees hae not been) Biden could actually remain rather muted. Biden retains the so called progressive vote and so called religious conservatives move on from the abortion debate to other things that matter to them and on that score, Biden (a devout Catholic) may not look to bad.

Again, after the SCOTUS appointment is made, the key reason for Trump support by the religious right wing may just VANISH INTO THIN AIR. The box gets ticked and they move on to consider Trump on the basis of his own moral standing.

For that reason, I see the Trump camp possibly delaying the appointment until after 3 November.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.