i think that's not too far from the truth. sadly. then he will...

1. 17,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    i think that's not too far from the truth. sadly. then he will install a hereditary "democracy" with the endless battles between factions vying for the spoils that come through association with royalty that accompany such a system. those at the bottom of the heap who expected to be rescued and elevated are merely the adoring crowds that royalty expect to turn out to wave the flags, primed with their calls of allegiance, and brainwashed to believe in the divine right to rule.

Having cast off the british yoke in favour of religious freedom - aka to run their own race - they show an awful desire to reinstall the system they ran away from. The worm always turns.

the tragedy I see is that until someone in those adoring masses calls out "the emperor has no clothes" and they suddenly see their blindness this will be the way. I guess many are happy with such a state of affairs. What we are yet to find out is whether the shades of Gilead strike fear into enough people to raise them from slumber, or whether the Gilead scenario will indeed unfold led by a group of men who prefer dominance and control and an unholy group of handmaidens ready to do their bidding.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.