you're very confident - some are saying I'm irrational - if I am...

1. 81,321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    you're very confident - some are saying I'm irrational - if I am - I've got a lot of company

well worth a full read

"
    Does McConnell really command a Senate majority?
    The polls do not favor Susan Collins, Cory Gardner, or Thom Tillis—senators from Maine, Colorado, and North Carolina up for reelection this cycle. Yet these competitors may not be ready to attend their own funerals. They may regard voting against McConnell's Court grab as a heaven-sent chance to prove their independence from an unpopular president—and to thereby save their own seats.
    Lisa Murkowski of Alaska has also made skeptical noises, and even Lindsey Graham of South Carolina may flinch. He faces an unexpectedly tough race this year, and he is extra-emphatically on the record vowing not to support a Supreme Court confirmation vote in the later part of a presidential year.
    Read: What Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death means for America
    (Martha McSally of Arizona, however, is likely a safe vote for McConnell. The deadest of the Senate's dead ducks surely must be focused on retaining national Republican support for her post-Senate career. Mitt Romney of Utah is a more open question: His strong sense of fairness will push him against confirmation; his consistent support for conservative judges will pull him in favor.)

McConnell cannot afford more than three defections in the face of what will certainly be united Democratic opposition to any last-minute Trump nominee."

---------------------------

herein lies - the Ginsberg trap - -fall in - and, - it's curtains

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/four-reasons-doubt-mitch-mcconnells-power/616416/
    Last edited by pintohoo: 20/09/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.