RIO 0.79% $118.75 rio tinto limited

Juukan Gorge Demolition, page-121

1. 681 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 126

????
    Me .....as a RIO shareholder.... I'll tell you what I did....I went and looked into the history of this issue...from both sides

So to throw another side of this story into your own skewed post ....that has been a beat up by the media, some aboriginal representatives, and archaeologists, just in time for Aboriginal issues to be again at the forefront ...ask yourself why the very people who now say they considered this so sacred made no objection in time .....despite having years to know this area was part of the plan and to submit that objection to the company in all that time ....quit blaming RIO for doing what they said they'd do and legally operating under the assumption that since they hadn't received any objection despite them asking for it previously it wasn't seemingly a big issue .... RIO even gave funds and time to excavate culturally significant artifacts over the last few years at that very site....and indeed requested any objections submitted to future plans that were made very clear ....if you don't want something blown up and are asked to say..... that then don't blame the company go running to the media.... when they go oh ok no objections received by us about this issue .....so must not be quite as significant as they thought or they'd have let us know well before now.

this was but a misunderstanding on both sides not some deliberate attempt to blow up aboriginal history and culture ....

Another keyboard warrior post just grabbing hold of any snippet and presenting a one sided view.

So to answer your question no I've not sold one RIO because I don't feel any need to as a result of this incident.
    Last edited by Nydem: 22/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.