MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

So Petrobras, Statoil and Cairn Energy tipped as...

1. 362 Posts.
    So Petrobras, Statoil and Cairn Energy tipped as potentials...

Done Petro and statoil to death. Only issues with those are independence - I argue that Petro is independent but that is neither here nor there.

Had a look at Cairn (sorry if this has already been done - too many posts on MEO wall).

Independence - tick

Major - you'd have to cast the net pretty wide to say that

Reputation - I hadn't even heard of them until this morning... not that would be relevant to MEO I suppose :).

First Aussie entry - I thought tick but Wikipedia informs that they expanded to Australia. Then again wiki made me make a fool of myself on HC last week so I dont know what to believe.
    FWIW, map of operations shows nothing in OZ but google search discovers they bought an Aussie company previously and there was a company registered called Cairn Energy Australia so dont think it would be a first Aussie entry which would rule them out (please let that be right!)

Edinburgh-based with market cap of 5 billion pounds. Revenue of US$300 million in 2008. Have fluctuated between FTSE 100 and FTSE250 over past few years. "Tremendous brand name"?????

If that's a tremendous brand name then I think im going to be a little disappointed. Statoil or my fave petro would clearly be preferable from SP point of view.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.