JWs and blood, page-144

1. 3,192 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 535
    "Perhaps the new language was a language of spirit. Christians seem to forget just how few people even knew Jesus existed in His own lifetime, or how slowly Christianity grew."

Wafflehead,no offence,but why do you suppose your thoughts are other people's thoughts?

It seems that projecting your own thoughts onto others to justify a position is the norm in here?

You dont know what others are thinking,dont pretend you do.

I think about it often how little people knew of Jesus in his day,he was to alot of people just another claim,just another freak show.
    No different to probably his position in secular society today,he's not a big issue

"Had there been literal physical miracles and Disciples who could instantly speak new languages one might have expected Jesus to be known and the religion to have spread quickly."

And that was the case,this is why the jews and Romans used the law to try and curb this belief,and it grew like wildfire.
    Judeo/Christianity is the basis to western law and culture,certainly won't be for much longer withglobalisation/humanism changing culture and belief in the western countries to fit their coming world government

"They learnt to speak a new spiritual truth, not a new language."

They spoke new languages,a miracle of God witnessed by thousands,no matter how much you try to spiritualise the meaning away

The story of Jesus is completely different to Krishna,Muhammad etc etc,the new ages try to marry the stories together such do the bahais to say that all roads lead to heaven ,you just choose your own road

Jesus said I am the truth and the life,no man might come to God but through me

The bible teaching and the Christian beliefs are in Total contrast to what you are trying to make them mean

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.