Wafflehead,no offence,but why do you suppose your thoughts are...

1. 6,495 Posts.
    Wafflehead,no offence,but why do you suppose your thoughts are other people's thoughts?

It seems that projecting your own thoughts onto others to justify a position is the norm in here?

It is, that's how debating a point of view works I believe.

You don't know what others are thinking, don't pretend you do.

That's true and half the time I don't even understand what they are trying to say, but pretending I know is a strange comment. Is this to do with Mr Gordon or the Bible? If it's the Bible then the whole of Christendom pretends they know what the Bible means. Why pick on me?

As for Jesus, He is a huge issue. He conquered the world. He guided a group of simple souls in a distant land to teacher and produce the most populous religion the world has ever seen. Jesus was a Manifestation of God.

Christianity did not grow like wildfire in the early decades. Jesus came to enrich the spiritual life of humanity, He did not come to perform circus tricks for a select few. Think about it, to make a spiritually blind person see the light is an eternal miracle. To make a physically blind person see was good for a couple of decades. I have no idea why Christians do not understand the spiritual implications of Jesus who said His kingdom was not of this world.

Regarding Jesus and this new age stuff. That is not the problem. The problem is that Christianity ended up in the hands of imperial nations who weaponised Christianity and made the claim that God was so grossly unjust that He poured Himself into one small race and one small belief and left the rest of the world to rot. Seriously, how in God's name can a religious person believe such rot about God?

Every Prophet said they were the truth and that no man would come to God but through them. You see God was and is universal. He is not captive to Christianity.

Reality was the same in the age of Jesus as it is today. People did not spontaneously know a new language. The dead do not rise. The blind do not see. The deaf do not hear, unless some special medical intervention assist them.

Religious reality is ordinary reality, if you struggle with reality as is the case with the majority of fundamentally religious people, then don;t blame me, the problem is yours to solve and good luck to you.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.