LYC 0.76% $6.51 lynas rare earths limited

IMO, the kiln was started early1. Because it is a long lead item...

1. 362 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    IMO, the kiln was started early
    1. Because it is a long lead item and allowed for delays with its manufacture and not hold the rest of the project up, because
    2. It will possibly be one of the first things onsite after the slab, with the rest of the plant (including the big tin shed) built around it. Makes it easier to position with multiple cranes before everything else is in the way.

Rest of the plant will be mostly off the shelf items. Piping, tanks, valves, regulators, sensors, conveyors, shed frame etc. Mind you, I'd bet they've ensured availibility of supply of these things with their builder. It's like the neighbour and I stockpiling framing timber over the last couple of months for a multi house development we are doing that is due to kick off next month. With the timber shortage at the moment, all builders are being delayed because they can't get frames up. Some have moved to steel frames and now they can't get them because of the increase in demand. We should be pretty good to hit the ground running once the permits come through.

Lynas won't be project managing Kal per se, the builder will be. And they are sure to be on a bonus for on time or early delivery in x weeks time from when they get the green light. Sure, Pol will be leading a team of Lynas employees to oversee and consult with the builder and trades, but they won't be scheduling trades and managing daily on the ground movements. He just needs to have his cattle prod handy in his donga for when it's needed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.51
Change
-0.050(0.76%)
Mkt cap ! $6.085B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.60 $6.61 $6.49 $13.64M 2.089M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 40310 $6.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.52 711 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.51
  Change
-0.050 ( 0.64 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.60 $6.61 $6.49 583098
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.