LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

I don´t think, that this would be feasible neither soon nor...

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    I don´t think, that this would be feasible neither soon nor easy.

Feed-Concentrate must then be
    - of a very similar rocktype (related to very specific C&L process routes or the costs low recovery rates and higher complex adaptations at "allrounder toll plants")
    - low at remaining radiation (Th+U are not everywhere that low as in MtW and most often compagnions of RE "raw concentrate"), so transportation might be tricky without pre-stripping of the (radio)active by-products.
    - separately being stored and handled. Because it´s so far not intended to store the residues & waste streams locally at KAL. Own remains can be send back to MtW, but toll processed materials (RE+ waste) must then be send to a - so far nowhere existing - waste disposal site or send back to the contractor, that want´s it´s ore to be being processed.

Everything else would make the process even more complex and maybe unprofitable - that´s why the old (Lifton?-)idea of building a toll plant for flexibel feeds has never been realized. Due to the Th+U content, most rare earth concentrates are quite "immobile" without hydrometalurgical processing. MP has the advantage, that it´s bastnaesite concentrate is low in Th+U and could easily being processed in China, because there are for sure plants running on similar rock compositions, making it easy to adapt the feed. I won´t talk now about waste disposal mentality in China, but i think the return of process waste is no issue in the MP-China process route.

Let´s start to get as many material of our own precious rocks, before pimping up the plant and make it ready for flexible feeds Would be challenging enough, even if most processing steps are known and the experience with the MtW material is good (just believe the words of a chemical engineer).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.