LYC 1.05% $7.69 lynas rare earths limited

Kalgoorie site, page-273

1. 6,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1620
    I would consider Al's mention of fast track - can do - a clear message to conversations she is having. She simply would not have mentioned anything otherwise. Market appears to think same today.

There are untold variables to opex of Kal. Unfortunately with my previous post I can not find - well there are no figures on Asian country LABOR productivity rates however my comment remains - labor cheaper in Malaysia yes however labor productivity very low compared with Australia and tech improvements to new plant will reduce labor needs.

Logistics is huge - it is a vary big state WA. Less trucking to port - shipping to Malaysia will be replaced by longer trucking from mine to Kal processing plant - this will be expensive with quads some of the way triples the rest running 24hours - break even perhaps. Then of course trucking Kal plant supplies from Freo to site and reverse loading some with finished product back to Freo port - a highly proficient port that requires no investment by Lynas to store etc such is the efficiencies.
    Fortunately the mine is far enough inland to avoid any main cyclone - heavy rain business interruptions - sovereign risk issues a key factor and priceless - depreciation as Pete mentions huge it can have beneficial tax implications for 15 years - depends how they approach it.
    Exchange rates already touched on but not specific to Kal plant - the list is very extensive and leave to our quality team to manage - let alone product pricing - the key to it all - at the time Kal comes on line.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.